Call for Speakers and Participants - Smart Regions Conference and IoT Showcase on October 25th
This is the final request for speaker and participation applications for the Smart Regions Conference happening this fall.
Mark your calendar and save the date for Wednesday, October 25th as the Smart Regions Conference is not to be missed. BB&T Arena will play host to the largest IoT Showcase in the Midwest to-date as a part of the Smart Regions Conference where elected and public officials, business and academic leaders, and community members committed to smart and connected communities will join for a day of speakers, featured presentations, awards, and smart city workshops. Oh, there will also be a professional drone race happening in the main arena to highlight the latest sensor tech gear.
Have questions? Interested in being a speaker, presenter, or sponsor? Simply want to register? Let us know!
1. Send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Preview the event at smartregions.org/conference
3. Request access or submit a request for participation below
EVENT DATE AND VENUE DETAILS
Wednesday, October 25th, 9a-4p
BB&T Arena at Northern Kentucky University (just minutes outside of Downtown Cincinnati.
SPONSORS AND PARTNERS
Venture Smarter, Cisco, University of Cincinnati, Northern Kentucky University, Powernet, Cincinnati Bell, CNX, Fortinet, IDC, Uptech, NKY Innovation, smartLINK, Nexigen, and dozens of others!
- The Smart Regions Conference is held as a part of the Regional Smart Cities Initiatives
- Morning programming will include speakers, presentations, awards, and an open showcase. Registration from 8-9a and speakers begin at 9a.
- Afternoon programming will feature smart city leadership workshops, open expo, and a closing networking reception. Workshops will last 45 minutes with a 15 minute break. Workshop sessions will begin at 1pm, 2pm, and 3pm in the afternoon.
- Students and faculty from UC, NKU, Miami, and Xavier should register using their school's portal page at smartcincy.org.
- This event is highlighting and hosted in the Midwest, but leaders from all over the country, and around the world will be speaking, presenting, and participating.
- Media Day and Dinner will be hosted on the evening of Tuesday, October 24th and is reserved for invited guests only.
- Venture Smarter is helping coordinate logistics and acting as the local liaison for outside guests. If you need support making travel or lodging arrangements with one of our event partners, just let us know!
At the Innovation, Inclusion and the Workforce of the Future panel, experts led a passionate discussion on the jobs of the future, how to close the digital divide and how to make decisions around smart city technology deployment equitable. Smart Regions Conference hosted by Venture Smarter.
Leaders in the cybersecurity space discuss challenges and opportunities in smart cities and connected communities.
Among various Smart City Workshops, Toby Asbury, Mark Samaan, Jiaqui Ma, Wade Johnston, Mike Doenges and Busayo Odunlami discuss Smart Cities are Mobile Cities at the Smart Regions Conference hosted by Venture Smarter.
Defeating the heroin and opiate epidemic, ending childhood poverty and homelessness, defeating the digital divide, and focusing on clean water and clean air might not be what you think about when you hear "smart cities," but we refuse to ignore our region's most pressing issues and these will be key topics of featured roundtable discussions at the Smart Regions Conference at BB&T Arena on Wednesday, October 25th
We are just one week away from the Smart Regions Conference at BB&T Arena. Can't make it? Don't worry! We will share live stream links at smartregions.org on October 25th. Take a look at the Phase 4 Announcements and get in touch with any questions. #SmartRegions
Venture Smarter will announce plans to release CMRi - the Connectivity, Mobility, and Resilience Index for cities and regions. The City of Cincinnati will release an RFP for regional transportation solutions, and dozens of presenters and showcasers will feature emerging and autonomous transportation and infrastructure solutions throughout the day
Tickets, Parking, Agenda... Explore frequently asked questions and answers to match ahead of the Smart Regions Conference at BB&T Arena.
Discover four fun facts about the Smart Regions Conference and save the date so you can join at BB&T Arena on Wednesday, October 25th!
Interactive and experiential is the name of the game at the Smart Regions Conference and IoT Showcase on Wednesday, October 25th at BB&T Arena. It's not too late to register to attend! Can't make it? Tune into the live stream!